Theresa's Mixed Nuts: S'mores Popcorn Balls

Thursday, June 14, 2012

S'mores Popcorn Balls

We love Smore's in the summer, but sometimes it's raining, the mosquito's are out in full force, or we just aren't in the mood to get the fire pit up and going. Thankfully, my kids also love popcorn, so this recipe is perfect for those days when we just can't get out there and make that ooey, gooey treat.


dessert, treat

Ingredients:

1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
10 cups fresh popped popcorn. *DO NOT use air popped popcorn. It is too delicate for the hot syrup*
1 10.5oz pack mini marshmallows
2 cups mini graham cookies (teddy grahams)
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a medium pan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda.
Thoroughly combine popcorn and marshmallows in a metal or heat resistant glass bowel. (Do not use plastic. The hot syrup can melt it or cause damage to your bowl.)
Drizzle syrup mixture over popcorn to coat it, then gently stir in the graham cookies and chocolate chips, making sure it is all evenly mixed.
Let the mixture set until cool enough to handle. Then, using sandwich bags sprayed with cooking spray, shape mixture into balls.
Store in an air tight container.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no another gooey treat!!!! Sounds yummmmmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! You always put up the best looking treats! What a great idea too, especially with kids :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohoo this looking great and yummy...I have almost all the ingredients except the popcorn, cookie and marshmallow, chocolate chips...err wait, that means I don't have most of the things ha ha..this is awesome and I think I am going to try this tomorrow or day after :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those things are staples in this house! I always wondered why we are the house on the block all the kids flock to. I guess my pantry should have clued me in lol.

      Delete
  4. Geez! Now I'm hungry! These are a must to try! Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a rule for blog hops... check out anything with chocolate... and especially check out anything that contains smore's! Looking forward to trying these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good rule, and one I tend to follow also lol. I spend way too much time on chocolate related blog hop posts!

      Delete
  6. So happy to let you know that you are being featured this week over at Addicted to Recipes! I can't wait to try your recipe!

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/06/scrumptious-sunday-16-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate every one of them :) Except promotional posts with added links. Those will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...